Saturday, August 8, 2009

Zucchini bundt cake

Zucchini's, zucchini's, zucchini's!!! What to do with a bounty of zucchini's? I know many of you out there are in the same boat. First you share them with friends and family and then you try to use them in every meal you make. Then there's dessert, zucchini cake or bread. YUM!!! I used
the recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking. This cake is super moist! I've made it now a couple of times and it makes two loaves or in this case 2 mini bundt cakes. Of course I did make some changes. The recipe calls for 1C. oil, so in a liquid measuring cup I added 1/3c.oil and filled the rest with applesauce. For the sugar instead of 2 cups, I added 1C. sugar and 1/2C. brown sugar and then added an extra 1/3C. more zucchini to the batter. You can also use half wheat and half white flour. I just restocked on my nut supply so there aren't any in here, I guess that will be in my next batch! Now I'm looking into making a gluten-free zucchini recipe

7 comments:

  1. I've been trying to make use of my zucchinis too- can't beat a good cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...I LOVE zucchini cakes/breads - so moist and healthy. My dad used to make them in little loafs for everyone at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite uses for excess zucchini! Now I'm totally craving a slice myself... If only I had a glut of extra summer squash to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin good Jo! Was the zuc a shared one??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fabulous!!! Such a lovely way to enjoy zucchini. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to try a courgette (zucchini) bread. That bundt looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Zucchini cake/bread is so good & and excellent way to use up your bounty.

    ReplyDelete