Thursday, October 15, 2009

Squash season has arrived!

It's that time of the year when the wonderful sweet tasting squash's are a plenty. The other night I made a wonderful lentil loaf with acorn squash and served with a sweet potato gravy but forgot to take a picture of it. Oh well, next time.
For lunch the next day I used what I had left of acorn squash and heated it up a bit and threw it on a bed of mixed greens, pecans and cranberries. Drizzled with a balsamic vinegrette. Wallah!


I know this looks kind of a mess, I used a spatula that was too small and so it broke apart as I was getting out of the casserole pan. This is a spinach and white bean enchilada which I have made many times, the fam loves it and it's so easy to make. This was served with a side of butternut squash and yukon gold potato, roasted with olive oil, oregano and salt.
More useage of squash to come!


5 comments:

  1. Love squash- very good and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use of squash! It may look messy but it also looks delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the squash alone are a reason to be excited about the fall! I love the sound of these dishes you made with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wallah in arabic means "I swear to God" funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete