Okay, this is my new favorite salad. I use quinoa for alot of things but cold quinoa salad is my favorite! This one above is a yellow quinoa using this recipe here from HLife. I took this to a track meet at Keaton's school for my lunch, so I added some garbanzo beans to be more filling. It definitely did the trick and was so refreshing!
Here are some interesting facts about Quinoa to those who may not be to familiar with it.
1. It is actually not a grain but a seed from a leafy green related to a spinach or swiss chard.
2. It was called "the gold of the Incas". They found it helped out with the Stamina of the Inca Warriors.
3. It contains all nine of the essentail amino acids.
4. It is a great for those who suffer from migraines, diabetes and atherosclerosis, cardiovascular health, menopausal women and many other health issues. It contains a huge amount of maganese, magnesium, b2 and other minerals. Magnesium helps to relax the blood vessels which is a wonder for migraine headaches.
5. It's very easy and quick to make.