Mushroom Pecan Burgers
recipe by Compassionate Cooks/Colleen Patrick Goudreau
1-½ pounds cremini mushrooms
½ cup fresh parsley
2 large yellow onions, finely chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
¾ cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped or lightly crushed
3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried sage
¼ teaspoon sea salt
ground pepper to taste
1-½ to 2 cups breadcrumbs
1. In a food processor, mince the mushrooms with the parsley. Remove and set aside
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onions with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper in olive oil for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Place mixture in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to help it bind. The mixture will be soft, but you will be able to form patties. Add additional breadcrumbs or tahini, if needed.
5. Using your hands, form the mixture into patties. In a skillet lightly coated with oil, fry patties over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side until lightly browned and crispy on each side. Be careful to keep patties intact. Enjoy!
☺Copyright © 2006 Compassionate Cooks, LLC – All rights reserved
Getting ready for the firework show. See the yellow rope/tape in the photo, well right below that is a field and that's where the did the fireworks.
Look how close we are to the fireworks. So cool! It was our first 4th in our new town and next year we know to dress a bit warmer. It was chilly! burrr. Luckily we brought our sleeping bag and a blanket to keep us warm.
This cake was so moist! This is the Coffee Cake recipe taken from The Joy of Vegan Baking ,
first time making this recipe and it is a keeper. I dropped fresh blueberries on top of the batter and instead of using the usual topping of flour, earth balance, sugar and nuts, I mixed together sugar and sliced almonds, sprinkled that over the blueberries. Once it was baked and cooled, I drizzled a sugar glaze over it. My husband and mother-in-law said it reminded them of a bear claw, but obviously a lot less fattening.