Monday, December 7, 2009

Quick, easy & tasty...

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We felt this weekend went by so fast! Our town had it's tree lighting on Friday and Christmas Parade on Saturday.
It's raining today, yay! We didn't even have to do a rain dance, but I was so ready to.
I was really craving this meal. It's so easy to make and is very comforting...to me anyways. I don't have measurments it's just all by taste.
Cook up some brown rice, set aside. In a large pan, saute onion, few minced garlic cloves. Next add in a chopped bell pepper, shitake mushrooms, once these are getting soft add the brocolli. You make the sauce right in the pan. Sauce: tahini about 1/4-1/3 cup(I love tahini so I had more) a little white wine(dry sherry), ginger, soy sauce & veggie broth. Just stir around with the veggies until warm and add a can of garbanzo beans & 8 oz. cubed extra-firm tofu. Stir until all warmed through. Serve on a bed of rice or grain of choice.

5 comments:

  1. Doesn't the weekend ALWAYS fly by?

    Love that dish, looks like comfort in a bowl! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our weekend fly by, too. we had my company christmas party to go to and friends to meet up with friday night. although i must admit i totally bummed around most of sunday in my pajamas - but time did fly on by!

    your brown rice chickpea veggie dish looks so comforting & awesome! i too looooove me some tahini yumminess, and i can get down with some 'fu, broccoli, and mushrooms, too. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! totally going to have to try this on a chilly night to keep us warm. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of this, I'll have to try something similar tonight. Gotta love those chickpeas and veggies, any combo will work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weekend always flies by, actually so does the work week. Busy, busy. I love quick and easy dishes, and yours looks so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. although i must admit i totally bummed around most of sunday in my pajamas - but time did fly on by!


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete