Monday, February 9, 2009

GO GREEN

My son is doing his current event today on me! Isn't that cute. I am on a commitee at school that is new this year. It's called GO GREEN. Since we are new to the area, needed to meet people and doing my part at school, this group couldn't be more fitting with what I try to do at home. So we had a write up in the local paper , you can check it out at http://www.syvjournal.com/archive/7/6/3795/about who we are, what we have done and what we have in the works. We had another write up in a different paper the previous week for our donations to People Helping People. My son asked me if he could do his current event on my group and I thought that was really sweet of him. One thing I would like to promote is how our food choices make an impact on our environment but it's a touchy situation. The gal who is the head of the group used to be vegetarian and she said it didn't agree with her. She said she understands choosing veganism for health reasons but not for the animals. We had a somewhat lengthy discussion and it basically went nowhere, so that blows.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're getting the word out about how eating impacts the environment! I've found that ex-veg folks can sometimes be the most difficult to talk to about going vegan for the animals. Kinda strange, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete