Sunday, February 15, 2009

Seitan Cutlets with Mushroom Ragu,mashed potatoes and sauteed greens




Valentines is about sharing a great meal and spending quality time with the ones you love. Oh, and a nice glass of wine or a bottle, I prefer the later.
To our surprise my husband arrived home from work early and he suggested we go into town to walk around a bit before dinner, so we bundled up and headed on out. This actually was perfect timing because the french bread dough was on it's second rise.
Before dinner we had a little entertainment. My sons Valentine gift to his dad was playing a song from a band my husband likes, we had set up the music/office room with candles and my son played his guitar while I sang. That was a lot of fun.
Next it was dinner and was it amazing if I do say so myself. hee hee.
I made seitan cutluts from VCON, smothered in a mushroom ragout(from Emeril on the green channel) if you love mushrooms as much as we do you will love this! I did add a bit of Marsala wine to give it a deeper flavor. I put this on a bed of mashed potatoes and a side of sauteed greens. Served with a salad and homemade french bread. It looked and tasted like a meal from a nice restaurant. I was very pleased with myself as well as my family was, as there was not one morsel left on their plates. I will definitely make this for dinner guests.

5 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks absolutely perfect.... better than you could get at a restaurant!!!!

    thanks for coming to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there :-)

    Yums, love homey food (especially when it is not so unhealthy like yours :-) I have also been vegan for two years and then somehow went off track. Now I am in the first third of my 21-day vegan challenge and am loving it :-) feel so much better. Great to see this many people blogging vegan,. you guys are a great inspiration to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the nice comments. It's nice that we can all share our stories and recipes. For me it helps me feel connected to people with like minds and validates that I am making the right choices. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete