Saturday, January 21, 2012

Warm Curry and Sweet Potato Tacos

Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone is staying nice and warm this winter.  It's finally raining out here in California.  It's been a cold winter for us so far, so this rain warms it up...a bit.  I know for some of you reading this it is summer where you live. 

Moving on to some warm and yummy food.


                                                           Coconut Vegetable Curry w/Tofu
This is a mild curry but that's only because I had a mild curry powder on hand.  The nice thing about curries are that they are pretty versatile.  You can find recipes for curries all over the internet.  I just read a few recipes and then made my own.  I can tell you the ingredients but not sure about how much of each ingredient. 
Coconut Vegetable Curry
2 small russet potatoes, white sweet potato, carrots, cauliflower, garlic, white onion, curry, coconut milk, vegetable broth, cilantro(optional), 2 chopped Roma tomatoes.

Sweet Potato Tacos

Let me just say that I LOVE TACOS!  It's actually rare for me not to like a taco but Dave and I really enjoyed these.  These sweet potato tacos are from Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick Goudreau.  Another great cookbook from Colleen.  I highly recommend her cookbooks along with her website and podcasts.  Her podcasts were such a great find when I changed to a plant based diet.  She really helped me from the start and opened my eyes to the realities of factory farming, facts about protein, how to respond to people who aren't vegan, etc.  I can't say enough about Colleen so check out her podcasts if you haven't already.  

Enjoy your Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. For as many haphazard curries I throw together for quick dinners, I just never seem to tire of them. Your photo is making me hungry already! Coconut milk is one of the only mandatory ingredients; it just adds such incredible richness and depth, I don't want to think of what a sad, watery curry you'd end up eating without it.

    Potato tacos are a new one to me, but man, do they look awesome! The colors alone are enticing me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, your curry sounds delicious! I don't like tons of heat in my food. It burns my tongue then I can't taste anything. Yes, I have a baby's mouth, so mild is right up my alley. I've never heard of potato tacos either, but I'm intrigued.
    We've had the most bizarre winter. It's January & it's raining. It's only snowed a handful of times and never enough to amount to anything. We're certainly not living up to our reputation as 'The Great White North'. LOL!! Stay warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah- I know what you mean about not getting tired of curries. The coconut milk in the curry is the best!
    Carrie- You must try these taco's. Color Me Vegan is a wonderful cookbook.

    ReplyDelete