Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pizza, pizza, pizza!


I know it's been quite a few days since I've blogged but I've been catching up on
house and garden work. Last Monday I came down with the stomach flu and it was BRUTAL! It totally screwed my stomach up and I've only just gotten some what of an appetite back.
On to better things. Homemade pizza! (This was actually made before I got sick). In our house homemade pizza is definitely a treat due to it being kind of time consuming(making the dough, cutting and grilling the veggies, making the pesto etc) and it's just a family dinner that is kind of fun! My intentions were to grill the pizza but it was so flippen cold out that I will have to wait until summer. Oh well. We like thin crust and with the recipe dough I can make 3 pizzas from that one pizza dough recipe. So I made 3 different pizzas. I only remembered to take a picture of one, my husband said it was definitely a blog worthy photo. First I grilled the vegetables and set aside. This pizza consists of a basil pesto base layered with zucchini, eggplant, portobello, artichoke, sundried tomato, onion and sprinkled with oregano. This was our favorite out of the three. The other two were a marinade base and a cilantro pesto base. The cilantro one was my second favorite, i'll post more about this one in the summer.

4 comments:

  1. That pizza looks drool worthy!

    I love artichokes on pizza

    SweetKaroline

    http://sweetkaroline.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love homemade pizza- time-consuming but SO much nicer than anything you will get out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good picture will always make you want to eat it- good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    That pizza has me drooling! I am coming to your house on pizza night!

    ReplyDelete