Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thai Noodle Salad


When it's sizzlin' outside and you want something light and tasty for dinner, this is
it. It is one of my favorite summertime meals. No joke, I can't stop eating this stuff when I make it. No turning on the oven, no standing over a hot barbecue while the sun is beating down on your back, the only thing you need to do is boil some water to cook the rice noodles and saute up some thin slices of tofu(what you add to the tofu after you saute it on the stove makes it taste so yummy) . That's the only cooking you will do! Everything else is fresh and raw out of the fridge or garden. This recipe is called Paul's Thai Noodle Salad from the cookbook Extraveganza . You don't have to add the peanuts, that's optional. My son told me to make this dish for the Teacher's Appreciation Day luncheon a couple of years ago and everyone asked me for the recipe. That's how good this is! You must get the book and try this recipe.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog, and for reading! And glad they brought me to your blog. So many great recipes (and gluten free!!). :) Those cookies in the previous post and the buckwheat pancakes look fantastic. And I have Extraveganza--yay! Must go seek out this recipe now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you definitely sold me on this recipe, and I don't even like tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have this book, but found this recipe online somewhere years ago. It's absolutely amazing and I'd forgotten about! Thank you for this reminder!

    Happy Bday to Merlin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually make pad thai noodle. Your idea is very creative for a summer dish. I'll keep in mind to make a noodle salad next time. Thanks for sharing!

    Jackie at PhamFatale.com

    ReplyDelete