Saturday, October 27, 2012

GF Spice Donuts and update

Happy Saturday!  Good news for us.....Dave starts his new job on Monday!!!!  What a relief.  We are pretty lucky he was only out of work for less than 3 weeks.  Being that I'm not working we are very happy! 
 
I was on the lookout for a baked gf vegan donut recipe and found a very tasty one.
Yummy!
 
Look at the cake like texture.
The recipe is found on Epicurious and is a Plain Cake Donut from Babycakes cookbook by Erin McKenna.
Just click on the Plain Cake Donut link above and it will take you to the recipe.  I did make a couple of adjustments.  I don't like using garbanzo flour in my baking so I subbed it out for sorghum flour and added a dash of nutmeg and about 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon to bring more of a fall flavor to the donut.  These taste the best eaten the same day but will keep for at least 2 days in a plastic container or bag. 
Enjoy your weekend!
 


9 comments:

  1. Great news on the job! That doughnut looks like it has perfect texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Dave's new job!!! :D

    And these donuts looks so, so good! I might have to make some, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandee-yay! Let me know if you try these they are very easy to make.

      Delete
  3. omg looks sooooo good! i have been doing some thinking on becoming vegan, and my one friend cant eat gluten, so we always try to find foods that we can both eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMmmm. Now you're talking. They look incredibly delish....no other words to describe the brakfast comfort factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's a great reason to celebrate! Congrats to the mr. ;)
    What a treat - I haven't had a donut since I went to babycakes in NY this spring ~ I thought things would never be the same...until.... yes, I see hope!
    Thank you for the link ~ now I just need a donut pan ;D!!!!
    xo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an award for you on my blog.

    http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I've had a brand new donut pan in my pantry since last Christmas! I am going to make these ASAP! Congrats on the job! We're in a similar boat so I can empathize with your situation. My husband's job is tapering down and he's looking hard but there's not a lot out there in his niche. I know something will eventually come along...great test of patience!!!

    ReplyDelete