Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pecan & Chocolate Chip Biscotti


I love, love, love, biscotti! It's light and crunchy. I love the crunch. It's just a thing I have.

So I took the recipe from V'CON and altered it slightly. I used spelt flour, used 1/2 cup sugar instead of 3/4 cup(I usually use less sugar than is asked for, I think when you start cutting back on eating sugary treats your tastebuds change)I only used vanilla extract and used rice flour instead of arrowroot powder. Oh I used pecans and chocolate chips too, my favorite combo. The cute little mug that is pictured, my friend made that for me.

4 comments:

  1. The biscotti looks delicious! It's one of those things that you can really change to make it to your liking. Pecans and chocolate chips would be on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love biscotti. I tried making it once and it didn't really work. I have yet to try it since adopting a vegan diet though. Yours looks like it came out awesome, I may have to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jo! It's my mug next to your awesome biscotti. I feel so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love biscotti too :) and that mug is gorgeous, what a nice friend! - homemade gifts are the best :) I haven't tried the v-con recipe yet but I must - and your substitutions sound great!

    ReplyDelete