Monday, November 2, 2009

My Halloween Birthday apple pie and decorations....

My mother-in-law used to make my cake but since we moved and we are vegan I'm making my own birthday desserts. That's okay cuz I like baking anyways. This year I decided to make an apple pie instead of a cake. We have so many apples left on the tree and I don't like wasting fruit. Also I didn't have to go out and buy any ingredients. I couldn't have been happier with the results. My husband ate all of his portion and said how good it was and he's not a fruit pie eater. He's the type that takes out the filling and adds a scoop of ice cream to the crust! So I took his comment as a big compliment.

Yes my birthday is on Halloween ! Some fun facts about me: 1) I love scary movies, not to much on the gore, just scary ones. When I was little I remember my older brother getting home from work late at night and my younger sister and I used to get out bed and watch old black and white monster movies with him. 2) My grandmother, my dad's mom(whom I was never able to meet because she passed away before I was born) was born in Transylvania, seriously, no joke! I was thinking this weekend that if I start believing I am a vampire maybe my mind will have an affect on my body and I will stop ageing. Just a thought. But the only problem is I love the sun. 3) Clowns scare me. I know I love to be scared but clowns aren't my thing.
I know I just said I don't like clowns and here we have a clown! My son just loves doing this to scare me.
Here are some Halloween pic's. I love to decorate for Halloween, well I do have a kid I have to for him! lol! I made this Halloween garland a few years ago and it's still holding up. I really like vintage halloween decorations. Below is a closer view of it.
My dining table.
Outside the house. We are already planning more fun stuff for the outside next year.
My husband is the one who does the carving of the pumpkins. This year and last I had to because he was too busy with work. I was ready to smash it while I was carving it because I was getting so frustrated and it was taking me forever and it's really not my job! Okay I'm settled down now. So the many compliments I received throughout the night on this pumpkin made me me verry happy. It did look even better in person.
My birthday was a pretty quiet one. This is our second Halloween up here and my family couldn't make it. My son went Trick or Treating with his 3 friends and my husband and I handed out candy. When trick or treating was over we took my son and his friends to the awesome haunted house in town. The people who put the Haunted House together are all volunteers and the $6 a person is worth every penny. They really go all out and they do a great job at scaring people. BOO!

7 comments:

  1. It's been way too long since I've made apple pie... Thanks for the reminder!

    Amazing pumpkin carving. Hope you had a happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!! Awesome carving on that pumpkin! WOW!

    Yummy pie.. mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated Happy Birthday! Beautiful looking pie! Love those vintage Halloween decorations - they're so cool! And great job on the pumpkin carving - that's pretty fancy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so awesome your birthday is on halloween! wahoooooo! happy belated birthday! your pumpkin carving skills rock, and your apple pie looks absolutely perfect! (my mom has that same pie dish & i love it the most!) too awesome on watching monster movies with your brother & younger sister when you were litte, and clowns scare the cr*p outta me too. they really freak me out & i just don't know why. ah ha ha! another irrational fear of mine: badgers. never even seen one in real life, but they really creep me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I love apple pie and don't make them as often as I should.

    I also love how into Halloween you get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! That is an amazing pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love that you made apple pie instead of cake, that is great. And that pie looks SO good, I think I want a slice.

    I'm like you, I like scary movies (when I'm feeling brave) but I hate gore just for the sake of gore. Blech!

    ReplyDelete