Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MoFo #10/ A different Tahini recipe w/chickpeas, veggies and brown rice

Did you think I had forgotton about todays post?  It's almost 5 and I just got back from a day of errands and after this it's off to the Farmers Market.

One of the first vegan meals that I had in my rotation was this.  I usually use shitake mushrooms in it but I didn't have any on hand.

I'm not going to give out exact measurements but I will tell you what I used in the recipe.  You can also use what veggie you have on hand.  Shitake just goes so well with this dish and I usually don't use carrot either.  First I cooked up a pot of brown rice.  As the rice is cooking you saute up some yellow onion and 2 minced garlic cloves,until soft.  Then add in veggies of choice. I had broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and italian red pepper. Saute just until slightly tender and then add about 2 C. chickpeas.  The sauce mixture I just add right into the pan-1/3 C. Tahini, 3 T. Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari, 1 1/2 C. no-chicken broth or veggie broth and mix in well and let reduce slightly.  Add firm tofu chunks if you with.  I did.  Add more tamari if you wish as well.  Serve over brown rice.

Okay I got to go.  Have a great night.

6 comments:

  1. its so yummy looking. I love having a plant based diet, its so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks delicious! I need more tahini in my life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a brand new jar of tahini I need to break in soon. Perhaps this is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tahini sauce just makes everything taste better. I love it on broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I'd marry tahini if it were a sexy single dude lookin' for love (my partner might not like that too much though). Your recipe will suit me just fine too. :)

    ReplyDelete