Monday, November 8, 2010

Vegan MoFo #8/ Lemon Tahini Sauce over GF noodles

Happy Monday to you!

It's on to the second week of Vegan MoFo!  There are so many delicious recipes to try.  I'm trying to check out new blogs everyday and support my usual blogs at the same time.

FYI.  If you haven't seen the film FOODMATTERS you really need to.  It's also a really good one to share with your non-vegan family members.   
Lemon Tahini Noodles







Tahini sauce makes for a nice change instead of using a peanut sauce over noodles.  The noodles I used were rice noodles from TJ's.

Lemon Tahini Noodles

1pd. rice or udon noodles
Prepare noodles according to package.  While water is boiling prepare sauce.


In a blender add the following ingredients and blend until smooth.
1/2 C. Raw Tahini
1 garlic clove
2 T. fresh ginger, chopped
3 T. maple syrup or agave
3 T. Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari
2 T. Brown Rice Vinegar
2 T. sesame oil
3 T. fresh lemon juice or more to your liking
2 T. cilantro
2 scallions, chopped
Splash of sriracha or more if you like to add some heat
1/2 -3/4 cup of water to thin out.

Vegetables:
olive oil
1 garlic clove
1tsp. ginger
vegetables of your choice.
 Gently saute vegetables in a large pan with garlic and ginger.  Once vegetables are slightly cooked add the noodles and the sauce.  Stir together well.  You can then serve into dish and top with sesame seeds.


16 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! This sounds awesome! I'm thinking my non vegan husband would even eat this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon and tahini are so yummy together. This sauce sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This noodle dish looks fantastic. Would I be crazy to try it with peanut butter in place of tahini?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delish. I love tahini. I put this recipe in my recipe computer program and intend to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those look so good! I love trader joes brown rice pasta.. and those are some of my favorite flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try this- looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so used to thinking of peanut sauce that it never occurred to me to use tahini. And with lemon too. What a great idea! It looks so yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so delicious! I love all these great recipes flying around MoFo! And thanks for the film suggestion - I haven't seen it, but will I hope - looks important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we love, love, love anything tahini based - especially when you throw in cilantro, scallions, and lemon. sooooo yum! i love how easy your lemon tahini dish is, JoLynn - it looks crazy delicious! we haven't seen Food Matters, but you better believe we will now!

    p.s. - i'm still working on the recipe for the garlic knots. it's my own creation and the texture is perfect, but the flavor is still just a tiny smidge off. i'll be posting the recipe when i get it to 100% though so everyone can enjoy some soft gluten-free garlickly knots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good...sounds fabulous and I bet it tasted great...good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always up for peanut or sesame noodles, and I really like the sound of this variation. You really can't go wrong with a solid tahini sauce on just about anything, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made a modified version of this last night. It was delicious. I blogged about it here: http://eatlivebewell.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/udon-noodles-with-veggies-and-cashew-butter-sauce/

    Eat well,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm used to slathering lemon tahini sauce on falafels and on salads, but pouring it onto TJ's rice pasta gives me a whole other reason to make some. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete