Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegan MoFo #12/ GF- Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Friday!  Another beautiful California day but boy was it chilly this morning.  Last night was the coldest so far...brrrrrr. 

These cookies do contain oatmeal so if you are one who has Celiacs, you will need to buy GF certified oats. For you readers who don't know much about Celiacs disease, if you are truly gluten intolerent you can not have any food that touches gluten or processed from a facility that may also process wheat products.  My son doesn't have celiacs but he is sensitive to too much wheat so he does okay with organic oats.  Keaton says that these are his favorite GF cookies so far.  So coming from a kid that's pretty good.  Also for you out there I won't always list my ingredients as organic but most of them are.  The chocolate chips I use are Guittard, they are also Gluten Free and the dark or semi-sweet chocolate doesn't contain milk.  Personally, I feel these chocolate chips totally out do Ghiradelli in taste, they have this wonderful underlying caramel taste to them. Yum!

GF-Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oats
Recipe

Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl cream together:
1/2 C. brown sugar
3 T. apple sauce
1/3 C. oil
1 tsp. vanilla

In another bowl combine:
1/2 C. sorghum flour
1/2 C. rice flour
1/2 C. tapioca flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder(Rumford brand  aluminum-free)
1/4 tsp. salt

When sugar mixture is completely creamed together add in the dry ingredients.  Next stir in 3/4 C. oats and 1/2 C. chocolate chips.

Use a tablespoon to drop cookie dough onto cookie sheet.  Bake in oven for about 12min.

Enjoy your friday night.  Keep warm.

11 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I'm not GF... could I substitute flour or wheat flour for any of these
    1/2 C. sorghum flour
    1/2 C. rice flour
    1/2 C. tapioca flour
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eatlivebewell-I'm sure you could sub in whole wheat pastry flour or spelt. A flour that is on the lighter side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookie monster says nom, nom, nom! They look super yummy! It's been chilly here at night too, but nice during the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look awesome, JoLynn! i'm gonna have to try your recipe - i'm a-okay with oats as long as they're the gluten-free ones. your oaty gluten-free chocolate chip cookies look amazing, and the fact that they're Keaton's favorite means they've gotta be gloriously awesome! i'm sorry i've missed your last 2 posts. when i signed up for my googlereader to get the mofo list it stopped showing yours posts where they normally are and started only showing up in the mofo list. made me sad 'cause i missed out on catching your tahini and cheezy sauce post (we had cheezy sauce earlier this week, too. hooray for cheezy sauce!) - but i'm gonna catch up on them now. i hope your friday night is awesome - and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These do look yummy! Now you've made me want to taste some of those Guittard chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great.. I love that you use applesauce instead of a ton of oil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made gluten free cookies before, and those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made GF vegan choc chip cookies today. Such comfort. I'll have to try your recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday it was so chilly here in Estonia, too! Yummy cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't often set out to make things that are gluten-free since gluten is my friend, but these cookies look so good, I would definitely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete