Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vegan Mofo days 20 &21/ Vacation trip part 2

So I missed a day of blogging for MoFo and I'm so bummed about it.  I was so busy Sat. morning with trying to get everything packed and ready to go for our overnight trip that I didn't have time to sit down at all.  We went to visit a friend we haven't seen in a while so......
Anyhoo I'm back and on to share more of our summer vacation trip on the northern coast of California. 
Farmers Market in Arcata one morning.  Yes it's summer and it was a cooler summer out here in CA.  Up in that area they said most of the summer was overcast like this. 
We spotted this tamale and salsa booth.
Vegan tamales were a score and ever so tasty.

This was really cool to see...raw juice at Farmers Market...very cool.
This handsome speciman was spotted on our way to Fern Canyon.  Isn't he beautiful!
The trees were just so huge and amazing.
 
We ate dinner one night at Humboldt Brews and they had a good selection of vegan choices.
These aren't very good pictures but I had the falafel that came with sweet potato fries.  Check out all of the veggies on top of the falafel.

Another pic of falafel.  Keaton had the grilled portobello but I forgot to take a photo of it.
Check out the menu by clicking above on Humboldt Brews.  They even had tofu as an option.


I'll share more photo's of the redwoods in future posts with more on food as well.
So tired....
Have a nice night.  Back tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Fern Canyon is one of my favorite places!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fern Canyon and Gold Bluff's Beach; we used to camp there often when I was a teenager! I've wanted to go back for a long time, but have never made it: I must go next year for sure. All the food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not a blogging robot! You shouldn't worry about it - you're kicking MoFo butt.
    Vegan tamales? You're really giving me reasons to visit the US - specifically northern cali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great farmer's market and dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the redwoods are amazing!!! they're GIGANTICAL and soooo beautiful! vegan tamales, falafel yumminesses, raw juice and a rock'n farmer's market - how can ya go wrong?! huzzah for round two of your summer vacation, JoLynn!

    no worries on MoFo, although i understand about being a little bummed. had i not scheduled saturday's post ahead of time it never would have happened. MoFo's wearing me out, i'm trying to keep up. ah ha ha! i can tell ya that i'm looking forward to a little break soon, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shellyfish-you have a place to stay if you ever get out here to California!

    Rose- how cool you were able to camp out up there as a teenager...lucky you!

    Jessy- I'm ready for a break too from blogging, just a day or two. hee hee

    ReplyDelete