Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MoFo #3: Hemp milk & GF pasta w/spinach, tomatoes

Okay so it's day Mofo day 3!   Another sunny day and elections are over, finally.  I'm done with all of those ads and phone calls towards the end. 

Trader Joe's finally has Hemp Milk! Woohoo!  I've been not-so-patiently waiting for this.  It's only $2.99 compared with the much  higher prices at other stores.

Yum!

Add some Hemp milk and almond butter to your smoothie...delish!


This GF past dish is so easy to  make and tasty too!

I don't have exact measurements so your on your own, sorry.  I can give the step by step and ingredients used.  I hope that helps.


GF pasta or whatever kind you want to use, cooked
olive oil
4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
Cherry tomatoes-halved
fresh spinach-cleaned and chopped
white wine
salt
ground walnuts(optional)topping

 For the sauce:  Heat up a saute pan then add some olive oil.  Next add garlic and saute for a minute or so.  Next add in the halved cherry tomatoes and chopped spinach until soft.  Add about 1/3 c. or more of white wine until the wine has reduced a bit.  Season with salt to taste.  Serve into pasta dish and top, drizzle with more olive oil if you wish and top with ground walnuts!

See you tomorrow!



17 comments:

  1. Mmm pasta. :) Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pasta does sound delicious, simple combos of choice ingredients are often the best. And topped with walnuts...extra yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hemp milk and almond butter in smoothies rock!!! I also love making simple but oh so tasty pasta like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe I've never had hemp milk? I did get to have some seeds because someone in the states sent me some...I guess I should have used them to make milk? It's so healthy - I wish I could get it here!

    I do miss Trader Joe's!

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just spotted the hemp milk the other day at TJ's. How does it compare in taste to Tempt? I love Tempt, but the price is definitely right on the TJ's kind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. trader joe's has hemp milk now?! sweet awesomeness?! that's at least a dollar cheaper than i find it in the stores here. i need to compile a tj's list and make a run super soon. your gluten-free tomato & spinach pasta looks delectable. yummy & briliant on topping it with walnuts. ooooh, i've gotta give that a whirl! you're kicking MoFo booty, JoLynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also never had hemp milk. If I ever hit up a Trader Joe's perhaps it will be time to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum. This is the word evoked by that pasta dish! Happy MoFo'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks and sounds so good. You know what weird? I don't like hemp seeds ( or pine nuts ).. not matter how many times I try them, I just don't like them... so odd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How does the hemp milk taste? I've been having trouble because I don't like soy milk and am not crazy about almond milk. Is hemp milk a milder flavor, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I love hemp milk, I'll have to grab that next time I am at TJs! Oh and that pasta looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't say I've tried hemp milk either. Now that Trader Joes has it, I'll have to remember to give it a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. To Everyone- Hemp Milk is really good and surprisingly has a mild flavor. TJ's is really good. They also offer a vanilla flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pasta looks great! How is TJ's hemp milk? I've noticed it the past few times I've been there but have yet to pick any up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just tried the Trader Joe's hemp milk for the first time recently too, and was impressed with the flavor. Hemp usually isn't my first choice, but this was highly drinkable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. bittersweetblog/sendfood- Yes TJ's milk as I said in my comment earlier is very good. Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete